Aperçu du programme
Overview of IEC
- IEC, a 60-hour course, was developed by The Martin Family Initiative (MFI) using key elements of MFI’s Grade 11 and the Grade 12 Aboriginal Youth Entrepreneurship Program (AYEP) credit courses.
- The end product of IEC is a business plan.
- The course has a very accessible reading level so that Indigenous adults, who may not have completed elementary or high school, will find the materials easy to work with.
- IEC is flexible and can be offered over multiple weekends, or daily over two weeks, or in other delivery schedules.
- Students participate in a variety of hand-on activities to help them gain applicable knowledge and self-confidence.
- Instructors and the manager of the institution/organization offering the course must participate in a one-day training program offered by MFI.
- MFI worked with Nelson Publishing to develop a participant workbook and a resource binder for the instructors.