MFI is partnering with the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC) and Seven Generations Education Institute (SGEI) to develop a Financial Literacy course, called “Financial Wellness: A Program for Financial Management”.
The course will be piloted and reviewed in late 2019 and early 2020.
- Increase participants’ knowledge, skills, and confidence to manage personal finances, and
- Improve financial well-being of Indigenous families.
- Banking, and
- Credit and debt management.
- Case studies of real-life scenarios,
- Financial vocabulary,
- Role playing,
- Group discussions,
- Self-reflection, and
- Calls to action, whereby participants are invited to make a resolution to help them better manage their money.