The Martin Family Initiative partnered with the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC) and Treaty 3’s Seven Generations Education Institute to develop a Financial Literacy course for Indigenous adults called “Financial Wellness: A Program for Financial Management”.
The course is designed to increase participants’ knowledge, skills, and confidence to manage personal finances, and improve financial well-being of Indigenous families.
The topics include income, expenses, budgeting, banking, and credit and debt management.
- Increase participants’ knowledge, skills, and confidence to manage personal finances, and
- Improve financial well-being of Indigenous families.
- Banking, and
- Credit and debt management.
- Case studies of real-life scenarios,
- Financial vocabulary,
- Role playing,
- Group discussions,
- Self-reflection, and
- Calls to action, whereby participants are invited to make a resolution to help them better manage their money.